Best Makeup Products That Won’t Smudge
Makeup Products are imperative to wear a face mask in public, and doing so makes it quite challenging to use makeup. Like, a dirty, stained mask, smeared blush, smudged lipstick, and patchy foundation?
Lazy quarantine me has therefore avoided this issue for the past few months by just donning a face mask and eschewing cosmetics altogether. But now that I’m gradually re-entering society (i.e., attending the occasional socially isolating dinner or outdoor happy hour with a minor group of friends), I’m eager to start wearing makeup again.
Ideally, though, I won’t be using products that leave my face’s lower half a smudged mess. So I conducted some research to identify the best face mask-compatible makeup items that won’t rub off, smudge, or otherwise turn into a complete mess.
MAC Studio Fix Soft Matte Foundation Stick
This foundation stick is very adaptable (you can use it in small places like a concealer or all over your face like a standard foundation) and remains in place for 24 hours. The 33-shade mask-proof product won’t transfer or get patchy and leaves skin with a matte, shine-free look.
It Cosmetics CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40
- I’ve been using this CC cream for years, and fortunately, the texture is ideal for applying under face masks. The buildable cream formula protects skin with SPF 40 for hours without transferring or caking and is oil-free.
- So it won’t cause clogged pores (yes, you still need to wear SPF under your face mask).
Juvia’s Place Lux Lip Liner
- For those who prefer to wear lip color underneath their face mask, this long-lasting lip liner is a need. To define and fill your lips and provide the ideal canvas for smudge-free color, use the transfer-proof pencil alone on bare lips or below your preferred lipstick or gloss.
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer
- Is it worse than removing your face mask only to find bronzer all over it? Nope, this transfer-proof powder bronzer is the only one you should be wearing under your mask.
- It provides your skin with all-day warmth that looks natural.
Danessa Myricks Colorfix 24-Hour Cream Color
- This multipurpose cream hue is so popular among makeup artists that it doesn’t budge, making it ideal for wearing under a face mask.
- The waterproof, highly pigmented solution may be applied to your lips, cheeks, and eyes, and once it dries, it stays in place for 24 hours.
Dior Addict Lip Tattoo
- This long-wearing lip tint has tattoo-like lasting power, living up to its name so that it won’t smear or smudge under your face mask. The inky solution leaves lips stained with bright hues lasting up to 10 hours while feeling almost weightless.